A change in print culture within an organisation can lead to surprisingly large reductions in both wastage and costs. Although this sounds like a daunting task, many of the elements are far more simple than you would think. This article contains some useful tips on how individuals can begin to print a little bit smarter and therefore a little bit greener benefiting both your business and the environment.
1. Avoid printing emails or drafts.
2. Scan and distribute documents electronically.
3. Use print preview to avoid printing mistakes.
4. Print only the page you need, not the whole document.
5. Use 2-sided printing.
6. Use certified paper and recycle it (FSC or PEFC certification and the EU Flower eco-label), this preserve natural resources.
7. Use work-group printers rather than individual desktop printers to save energy.
8. Share personal printers via Wi-Fi or Ethernet - it requires less equipment, less power and reduces waste and recycling at end of life.
9. Print in draft mode, it uses less ink/toner and means less cartridges to be recycled.
10. Use genuine high yield cartridges to reduce transport and waste.
11. Set up collection and sorting of used paper and cartridges.
12. Send used cartridges back to the dealer for recycling and environmentally responsible reuse.
13. Return unwanted printers to their nearest dealer or municipal waste collection site.
14. Activate the devices energy saver mode.
15. Turn off personal printers when not in use to save energy.
Every little change can play its part and can help to significantly reduce your carbon footprint.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Established for over 30 years, we have focused exclusively on providing unbeatable office print technology, and although we are a truly national operation, our success has been forged around our unique network of local offices providing on-the-spot response, rapport and reliability.
Contact us today to learn more about reducing your print costs and your carbon footprint.