In the past public sector organisations have been highly paper-intensive. Today, the emphasis is on processing and making information available electronically, not just to increase productivity and lower costs, but also to improve public access to information and reduce carbon emissions associated with paper use.
Altodigital is already helping thousands of organisations to make this transition. With the help of our consultants, you too can look forward to the benefits that come from gaining and maintaining control over your print fleet.
- Drive down hardware and support costs by consolidating multiple output devices and managing them centrally
- Reduce the number of pages printed by auditing and controlling device usage e.g. by setting double sided printing (duplex) as the default mode
- Protect data and prevent uncontrolled printing through user authentication at the device itself
- Control print costs by restricting access to certain functions e.g. colour printing
- Implementing secure print so that print jobs are only released to the printer when the originator is there to pick them up. This ensures that no one else can intercept confidential documents and prevents unnecessary printing.
- Print on demand to reduce the cost and waste associated with pre-printing stationery, forms and marketing material that quickly can go out of date and take up large amounts of storage space
- Use the scanning capability of MFPs to eliminate paper processes and communicate electronically
- Scan documents and metadata straight into SharePoint and electronic document management systems at the device itself
- Print documents from existing legacy systems on devices without having to change the code
Altodigital are an approved supplier on the RM1599 Government Procurement Service (GPS) framework and supply over 350 local government organisations across the UK. To see how we have helped establishments such as Birmingham City Council and Tandridge District Council please view our video case studies at http://tv.altodigital.com or view our customer page on this site for a written case study on a solution we installed at Crawley Borough Council.